Career & Post Secondary Resources
- Career Outlook - provide data and information on a variety of topics—including occupations and industries, pay and benefits, and more. These articles are helpful for students, counselors, job seekers, and others planning careers.
- CareerOneStop - allows students to research career information, training, or jobs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- College Types - explore different types of colleges
- Determining the Right Fit for College
- Big Future - find colleges, exploring careers, and paying for college resources
- Minnesota State College and University - explore vocational schools and colleges in Minnesota. It will search all Minnesota public Community Colleges, State Universities, and the University of MN schools.
- Minnesota Private Colleges
- Visit College Net to locate vocational schools and colleges that have your program anywhere in the the United States.
- The Common Application - helps to manage the application process for students, counselors, and recommenders. Track submitted documents and outstanding tasks.Explore and apply to schools across the world.
- ECampusTours - offers virtual tours of 18 different colleges in Minnesota, and hundreds of others all over the US. You can also get information about choosing a major, interviewing for jobs, and financing your education.
- New Gate School - a nonprofit automotive technical school located in the Twin Cities that offers auto body and auto mechanics training for unemployed or under-employed adults.
- ASVAB - empowers students nationwide to discover their strengths and interests then map out post-secondary plans that work.
- Altierus Career College and Career Education - a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states.They offer programs in: Massage Therapy, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing & Coding, and Pharmacy Technician.
The Online Colleges, Online Degrees, and College Scholarships Website - for students of all ages to pursue post-secondary education. Information on more than 2,000 career schools, traditional colleges, career colleges, Christian colleges, graduate schools, and other educational institutions where you can earn a classroom based or online degree.
- Duke University - Duke admission officers will present info about the university, admissions process, financial aid, and more. Thursday October 12, 2017 at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest. Click on Link to register or stop by to talk with Ms. S.
- The University of Wisconsin - River Falls will be hosting College Visit Days
- Friday, October 13, 2017
- Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Friday, October 20, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Friday, December 1, 2017
- The University of Wisconsin - Stout campus preview days includes an informational fair (housing, dining services, etc), an admissions overview, a student-guided walking tour, large-group discussion with a program director, student panel, and optional free lunch. Parents and other family members or friends are welcome! Fall dates include
October 19, 2017
October 20, 2017
October 27, 2017
November 3, 2017
November 10, 2017
Visit The University of Wisconsin - MIlwaukee campus webpage for information on campus tours.
Schedule a campus visit to The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities campus online.
Milwaukee School of Engineering has open house visits on
September 16, 2017
October 14, 2017
December 16, 2017
April 21, 2017